HR-XML Payroll Workgroup & Community
The HR-XML Consortium's Payroll workgroup is tasked with developing and maintaining payroll standards which provide employers flexibility and save them time and money when integrating systems with benefits administrators, benefits providers, and payroll processors.
| Signifies a benefit exclusive to HR-XML Members. Click here to learn about joining HR-XML.|
HR-XML Members are invited to join the Payroll Online Community.
The prior HR-XML releases (2.5 and older) included two payroll specifications.
- Payroll Instructions - enable the submission of payroll deduction requests and other instructions to an organization that processes payrolls
- Payroll Benefit Contributions - U.S. based standards for payroll benefit contributions information that would be used by third party administrators to manage employees benefit contributions.
The new standards architecture (3.0 and more recent):
Visit the HR-XML Community Calendar for a schedule of Payroll workgroup activities. Workgroup Activities are open to HR-XML Members only. Learn about additional HR-XML Member Benefits.
The new specification should address the following Business Scenarios. It is recommended that initial setup of the company and employee information be addressed using other HR-XML specifications such as Indicative Data.
- Employment hire
- Employment termination
- Employment rehire
- Employment transfer
- Employment Leave of Absence
|Retirement Personal data change Employment change Benefits change Garnishment where payroll is not the administrator|
The standards will initially include localizations for the following countries but will be enhanced to include additional countries in future projects.
- United States
- Workgroup Lead - Sheri Dumire-Hamilton, Paychex
- Schema Editor - Wendy Dodds, ADP
- Recording Secretary - Jean Handel-Bailey, SAP
Payroll Online Community
Post questions, contact current payroll workgroup members, and get information on workgroup activities.